Monday 18 February 2013

Teresa Pearce MP


I have just received an email from the Coalition for Marriage, informing me that the Rt. Hon. Teresa Pearce, MP for Erith and Thamesmead (my local MP), voted in favour of the redefinition of marriage.

Ms Pearce failed to respond to emails and the 'Bishops Conference' postcard which I sent to her, and I note that the vote does not appear on her personal website.

Naturally, I feel upset at the apparent lack of consultation with her constituents, and apparent disregard for their opinions and beliefs, especially given the momentous potential consequences of this bill, and concerns as to its possible effects on religious freedom and the professional responsibilities of those in teaching and other professions.

Needless to say, it is highly unlikely that I will vote for Ms. Pearce in any future elections.

2 comments:

  1. She replied to me with what looked like a standard letter (she didn't address my points of concern)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac,

    Well at least you got a reply - not that it was worth much.

    It will be interesting to see what the response from other MP's was like.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...