Sunday 21 September 2014

Fr. Philip Graystone, S.M., R.I.P. - Past Headmaster of St. Mary's Sidcup

 
It is with sadness that I received this evening a text from one of my friends, informing me of the recent death of Fr. Philip Graystone, my old headmaster from my own school days. Father passed away at Dorrington House Car Home, Wells-next-the-Sea, at 11.30 pm on Monday 15 September, the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows.

I am sure that there are many other old boys of St. Mary's Grammar School, Sidcup from the 1960's and '70's (and, indeed some past pupils of St. Joseph's Convent Grammar School, Abbey Wood, and of the amalgamated school which the two formed in 1979) who remember Fr. Graystone with some fondness. Father was also active in the Parish of St. Lawrence, Sidcup, when he was Head of the school.

I understand that Father's Requiem will take place at Walsingham on Tuesday, 30th. September. Sadly, I will be unable to attend, but offer my prayers for Father's soul.

Requiem aeternum dona ei, Domine,
Et lux perpetua luceat ei:
Requiescat in pace.
AMEN.

Virgo Dolorosa, ora pro ei.

2 comments:

  1. I was at St. Mary's from 1963 to 1970. Fr. Graystone was headmaster during my later years. I remember him as an eminently reasonable man. "Now look lads, I quite see your point".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...